What do you get when you take a mama who can’t handle multiple sounds at once, add in 3 people sharing an office, an ADHD child who never shuts up, and 2 people using mechanical keyboards playing rhythm games? You get a very agitated mama who ends up spending most days in the quiet of her room. I needed a solution. So enter Amazon where I went on the hunt for noise cancelling headphones.
I wanted the noise cancelling headphones to be able to connect to my computer so I could listen to music or watch videos and I wanted them to be budget-friendly. Bonus if they had a built-in mic but I could live without one. I found a few that seemed like they would do the trick but the reviews were awful.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. For more information view our affiliate disclosure.
Then I came across the Soundcore Life Q30 Noise Cancelling Headphones. They were $110 and met all my wants including the built-in mic. Not bad, but I wasn’t ready to pull the plug and purchase them just yet. I did the next best thing and added them to my wish list. I use my Amazon wish list all the time so that my husband has one place to go whenever he wants to buy me something.
The next week was the Prime Early Access sale and they were on sale for $76.99. I sat at the dinner table telling my family all about them. I may or may not have been secretly hoping my husband would tell me to buy them. Instead, my mom said she would pay half as my birthday present. My birthday is in December but I have no issue getting my gift early when it helps me get something I really want.
My youngest son was saving his money to buy new headphones as he had broken the last 3 pairs we bought him and I refused to buy him another pair. So I asked if he wanted to buy mine for $35 (they are $90 headphones). He said yes. So all in it was only going to cost me a could of dollars to purchase the Soundcore Life Q30 Noise Cancelling Headphones. I quickly opened my phone and hit the buy now option.
Soundcore Life Q30 Noise Cancelling Headphones Review
They came partially charged so before charging them I hooked them up to my computer to test them out. I had them on for MAYBE 30 seconds when I took them off and exclaimed to everyone standing there how amazing they were. I could barely hear my kid sitting beside me telling my husband all about some YouTube video he had just watched.
My husband and son talking was just a quiet hum like a whisper in the background and did not pull my attention away from what I was doing. I couldn’t hear the microwave beep and I couldn’t hear the furnace running which the vent is right under my desk. All these random background noises were gone. My brain was happy.
Another feature of the Soundcore Life Q30 Noise Cancelling Headphones that I really like is you can touch the right headphone for 3 seconds and it turns off the noise cancelling feature. This is great for when the kids briefly want my attention to ask me a question.
The Soundcore Life Q30 Noise Cancelling Headphones met everyone one of my demands and even came with a bonus. They can connect to up to two devices at the same time. I have them connected to my computer and my phone. Whenever someone calls me I can answer directly from my headphones by pressing the play button on the right ear.
I bought them two weeks ago and they are still going off the first charge. One thing I didn’t think about when purchasing the Soundcore Life Q30 Noise Cancelling Headphones was how much it would suck when they would die and need to be charged. Well, the folks at Soundcore thought of everything. They come with 2 cords. One for charging and one to plug into your headphone jack. That way you can still use them while they charge.
To say I am in love is an understatement. The Soundcore Life Q30 Noise Cancelling Headphones are worth every single penny even at full price.
About the Soundcore Life Q30 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Advanced Noise Cancellation Technology: Maintain your focus with Life Q30’s hybrid active noise cancellation. Dual noise-detecting microphones pick up and filter out up to 95% of low-frequency ambient sound to ensure nothing distracts you from your music.
- Ultimate Noise Cancellation Experience: Customize Life Q30’s noise cancellation with 3 modes—Transport minimizes airplane engine noise, Outdoor reduces traffic and wind, and Indoor dampens the sound of busy offices with people talking in the background.
- Hi-Res Music: Hear every detail of your favourite songs thanks to Life Q30’s 40mm drivers. The highly-flexible silk diaphragms reproduce thumping bass and crisp treble that extends up to 40kHz for improved clarity.
- 40-Hour Playtime: Life Q30 active noise cancelling headphones play up to 40 hours of music in noise cancelling mode. Standard mode extends the playtime to 60 hours, while a short 5-minute charge gives you 4 hours of listening.
- Pressure-Free Comfort: Life Q30 active noise cancelling headphones have ultra-soft protein leather earcups with memory foam padding to fit snugly over your ears. The lightweight build also ensures they’re comfortable for long listening sessions.
If you would like to purchase the Soundcore Life Q30 Noise Cancelling Headphones for yourself or someone on your gift lift there is currently a coupon for $25 off the $109.99 price.