Let It Go ? Let It Go ? Who got sucked into the Frozen hype? I sure did. In fact, when we went to Disney World in 2015 meeting Anna and Elsa was at the very top of my must-do list.
Needless to say, I am one of those people who have been impatiently waiting for Frozen 2 to come out. I really wanted to see it in the theatre but our crazy lives kept me from being able to go. So when Disney reached out to me to review it on Blu-ray my fingers could not type my shipping address fast enough.
About Frozen 2
[Why was Elsa born with magical powers? What truths about the past await Elsa as she ventures into the unknown to the enchanted forests and dark seas beyond Arendelle? The answers are calling her but also threatening her kingdom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven, she’ll face a dangerous but remarkable journey. In “Frozen,” Elsa feared her powers were too much for the world. In “Frozen 2,” she must hope they are enough.[ref] https://movies.disney.com/frozen-2[/ref]
Frozen 2 on Blu-ray and DVD
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Frozen 2” has melted hearts around the world, becoming the No. 1 animated feature of all time. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the follow-up to 2013’s hit Oscar®-winning Best Animated Feature,“Frozen,” comes home, with a sing-along version and all-new extras, on Digital in 4K Ultra HD on Feb. 11, and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD on Feb. 25.
“Frozen 2” bonus features include deleted scenes, deleted songs, Easter eggs, outtakes and a sing-along version with lyrics to the film’s forever-infectious songs. Extras invite viewers to go behind-the-scenes to hear personal, making-of stories from the “Frozen 2” cast and crew. Fans who bring the film home early on Digital will receive two exclusive extras: an interview with songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, who won an Oscar® for Best Original Song (“Let It Go,” 2014) and wrote seven original songs for “Frozen 2,” and a deleted song titled “Unmeltable Me.”
Release on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD: Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Frozen 2 Review
So I decided to do this review a bit differently. I mean anyone can write “it was good” or “I didn’t like it”. How much can one really review without giving it away? So instead I wrote down all my thoughts while watching the movie and I am going to share them with you.
*WARNING* I did my best to not spoil the movie but it may contain a spoiler or two. You have been warned.
- Pretty Dresses
- Love that she is using her magic openly in the village.
- I am such a sap! Must be the mother in me.
- Why not freeze the ground? Oh wait, because it’s not water DUH
- Does Olaf ever shut up? He reminds me of my ADHD child. Come to think of it does Olaf have ADHD?
- Sven <3 (why won’t my keyboard give me my emojis?)
- I don’t remember Anna being so negative
- OMG Olaf’s recap of the original movie lol
- CHARMANDER!!! (Pokemon Go player in me is showing) He will forever be known as Charmander.
- As if Anna would leave them
- Oh I like this song
- That is a lot of paths. No worries, it’s Disney, it will all work out.
- This better end with a proposal
- THE SHIP!
- sniff sniff such good parents
- Why does the spirit want Elsa to know the past?
- Where is Kristoff and Sven to the rescue?
- I wanna go back to Disney (kinda random but hey these are my thoughts watching Frozen 2)
- Shoes off, hair tied back. LIKE A BOSS! Don’t mess with Elsa
- OK finding Frozen 2 meh but they did have big shoes to fill
- OMG, It’s her mom!
- Grandpa is a ****
- Did mom make a barrier? I need answers?
- OH NO ELSA!!!!!
- Hmmm, this is reminding me of Native Americans history
- hahahahaha Olaf “Turtles can breathe out of their butts.”
- NO NOT OLAF!!!!!
- Where the heck is Kristoff and Sven?
- Awww love is permanent
- Quit crying and go save the day. You are not a quitter.
- Got to pee! This is why I rather watch movies at home. PAUSE
- YAY Kristoff to the rescue!
- Right the wrong <3 (keyboard still not letting me use emojis)
- I love Anna. So brave. Go ELSA
- CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!
- Dang, I thought Elsa was in her 20s
- Hey Anna, Do you wanna build a snowman? 🙂
- Me too Olaf, Me too
- YAY PROPOSAL
- WHAT! Anna!!!
- haha “I prefer you in leather” lol
- Ugh, Into the Unknown, nice beat though
My Overall Thoughts on Frozen 2
OK as you can see from my thoughts while watching it I was kinda meh at one point. But in the end, I really liked it and am totally not disappointed. So happy to have answers and to see the future for the girls. Good job Disney. 2 Thumbs Up!
Frozen 2 Giveaway
One lucky Canadian reader is going to win their very own copy of Frozen 2 on Blu-ray and DVD. Includes over an hour of bonuses including outtakes and more.
Make sure to read the rules and enter as required. I really hate disqualifying people.
Melissa Finn says
My favourite Disney movie is Tangled!
Your Husband says
I like the girl\’s enchanted forest better. – People don\’t attack for no reason, King\’s lyin his royal bum off. – Anna is too cute – First Song is very… Witcher-esque. – Castle looks so much better now. – Second song is… very long. I was afraid it was never going to change. – Sheraids was amazing. – Anna sleeps like my wife. – Into the unknown is awesome. – Didn\’t Christof lose his wagon to fire / wolves in the first one? – Did you know snowmen don\’t talk for a reason? (Definitely ADHD) – Christof is so awkward! – The forest looks so real! – Olaf\’s breakdown of the first movie is AMAZING. – OMG the fire spirit is ADORABLE – Poor Christof… – Ship looks an awful lot like the ship from Aquaman. – Olaf feels pretty dark – Getting some Pocahontas vibes from Elsa. – Turtles can breathe through their butts! LOL! – Olaf goin out like Dobbey, why you gotta do me like that Disney!? – Holy crap Elsa is badass! – Do you wanna build a snowman? *epic eyeroll* – Christof got the words out! – Wait… Christof is going to be King!? – Into the unknown rock version? I like it!
Samantha Johnson says
My favourite Disney movie is and will always be Beauty and the Beast. But Frozen is up on the top of my list too.
My favourite is The Lion King.
Monique L.S. says
From when I was a child…Fantasia.
Jenness M says
My all time fave is The Little Mermaid!
Toy Story is my favorite Disney movie
Florence Cochrane says
Cinderella is my favourite Disney Movie.
kathy downey says
My favourite Disney movie is Snow White
Josh S says
Robin Hood is a good one.
Chase Mack says
Princess and the frog
My favourite Disney movie is Frozen because it focuses on a relationship between two sisters.