I had seen this going around facebook and shared it so it would appear in my memories thing. I decided to share it as well so it is documented here on the blog where I have documented so many memories through the years.
- Gas prices at a record low (between $0.60-$0.72/litre).
- Self-distancing measures on a rise.
- Tape on the floors at grocery stores and others to help distance shoppers 2m (6ft) from each other.
- Limited number of people inside stores, therefore lineups outside the store doors.
- Non-essential stores and businesses mandated closed.
- Parks, trails, entire cities locked up.
- Entire sports seasons cancelled.
- Concerts, tours, festivals, entertainment events – cancelled.
- Weddings, family celebrations, holiday gatherings – cancelled.
- No masses, churches are closed.
- Schools are all closed.
- No gatherings of 50 or more, then 20 or more, now 5 or more.
- Don’t socialize with anyone outside of your home.
- We are to distance from each other.
- Shortage of masks, gowns, gloves for our front-line workers.
- Shortage of respirators for the critically ill.
- Panic buying sets in and we have no toilet paper, no disinfecting supplies, no paper towel no laundry soap, no hand sanitizer.
- Shelves are bare.
- Manufacturers, distilleries and other businesses switch their lines to help make visors, masks, hand sanitizer and PPE.
- Government closes the border to all non essential travel, calls Canadians home and makes it mandatory to self isolate for 14 days.
- Fines are established for breaking the rules.
- Ford sets fines for those price-gauging others.
- Stadiums and recreation facilities open up for the overflow of Covid-19 patients.
- Press conferences daily from both Prime Minister Trudeau and Premier Ford.
- Government incentives to stay home.
- Barely anyone in the street or on the roads.
- People wearing masks and gloves outside.
- Essential service workers are terrified to go to work.
- Medical field workers are afraid to go home to their families.
- 1,000,000 applications for Employment Insurance as people go without work.
They say it started in Wuhan, China at a seafood market. Hundreds of thousands affected, dead, dying, critically ill. Many recovered.
This is the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic, declared March 11th, 2020.
Why, you ask, do I write this status?
One day it will show up in my memory feed, and it will be a yearly reminder that life is precious. To not take the things we dearly love for granted.
We have so much!
Be thankful. Be grateful.
Be kind to each other – love one another – support everyone.
We are all one! ❤️
Leave a Reply