Christmas is approaching faster than ever and it’s time to start thinking about all of the family Christmas traditions! If you have a new family and want to start setting Christmas traditions or you just want to add in a new Christmas tradition or two, this is the perfect time to start! These Christmas tradition ideas will surely help you think of some new ones that will be a great fit for your family and provide fun and entertainment for years to come.
1. Have a pajama and movie night on Christmas Eve This one is becoming more common, and for great reason! For this Christmas tradition, each member of the family gets to open a box with some Christmas pajamas, a movie snack, and a movie they would like. Then, everybody snuggles up in their pajamas, enjoys some snacks, and watches some of the movies from the boxes they opened! You could either put a movie in each individual box or just have a separate box addressed to the whole family with a single movie.
2. Open one small present on Christmas Eve from the elves! As kids grow antsy wanting to open their presents, sometimes a small gift is all they need to make it through the night while waiting for Santa. Having a small gift that the elves send on Christmas Eve is a great way to tide their patience over. You could even combine this tradition with Elf on the Shelf if you want to make it extra special and fun!
3. Elf on the Shelf! This Christmas tradition recently took the world by storm! With the book and the elf, this is a great tradition for younger kids to really get in the Christmas spirit. Each morning, the elf is in a new spot and the whole family gets to search together to find out what this mischievous elf is up to!
4. Game night! If you have a large family and a pretty big gathering on Christmas Day or even Christmas Eve, this would be a great Christmas tradition to start. Have everyone bring a board game of their choice over to the house and just spend the day rotating through all of your favorite games! This is a huge hit!
5. Baking cookies to leave out for Santa. If you have younger kids that love to bake, this is the perfect Christmas tradition. Rather than buying cookies to leave out for Santa, you could spend Christmas Eve baking the perfect cookies to leave out for Santa, and even cutting up some carrots for the reindeer!
What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Let me know in the comments below!